RUN THE TAN 2023 annual showcase event – Save the Date!
The Run the Tan 2023 annual showcase event will be held on Sunday 30th April 2023 – SAVE THE DATE!
Off the back of three international athletic championship events this year (World Indoors, World Championships and Commonwealth Games), next year’s Run the Tan showcase event is expected to be bigger and better than ever.
Can Craig Mottram’s all-time record around the iconic Tan Track of 10:08 be broken and who will break it?
Is it possible for any athlete to run Sub 10 minutes?
Can any of the women break the current all-time female record held by Linden Hall of 11:35?
The annual Run the Tan event will be raising awareness and funds for Mental Health.
There will be 5 key events:
- Feature showcase event – Top elite men and women, para elites and elite race walkers (with decent prize money on the table!)
- Celebrities & Sporting Idols
- Emergency Services (police, fire brigade and ambulance, SES etc)
- Schools – Battle of the Schools (who will take out next years perpetual trophy for the fastest school?)
- Community Fun Run – Open to all recreational runners, families, joggers and walkers (everyone is welcome!)
There will be separate awards for King and Queen of the Mountain (fastest time in each category for the Anderson Street Hill segment and Age Grade Rankings will be recorded and recognised).
Additional categories will include; Para Athletes, Race Walkers, Juniors and 5yr age groups categories from 35+
Save the date and rally up your work buddies, friends and family to get involved in this awesome event. Don’t miss it!
To stay up to date – make sure you subscribe to Run the Tan and follow us on socials.
Register your interest HERE.