Elite Athletes - Entry Criterion
ENTRY CRITERION – ELITE ATHLETES SHOWCASE EVENT
To be eligible to register for the Elite Athletes showcase event you must meet the following entry criterion:
Able Body Elite Athletes
1. Achieved at least one of the following qualifying times in your gender category within the past 3 years; and /or
|800m||Sub 1:45||Sub 2:00|
|1500m||Sub 3:40||Sub 4:20|
|1mile||Sub 4:00||Sub 4:40|
|3000m||Sub 8:00||Sub 9:10|
|5000m||Sub 13:30||Sub 16:00|
|10000m||Sub 29:00||Sub 34:00|
|Half Marathon||Sub 1.05||Sub 1.15|
|Marathon||Sub 2.15||Sub 2.45|
|2000m Steeple||Sub 5:50|
|3000m Steeple||Sub 8:50|
2. Hold a current top 10 position on the RUN THE TAN official all-time fastest laps around the Tan with a time achieved within the past 3 years.
The Para Elite feature event is open to Elite Para athletes with a classification type represented at the Paris Paralympics in the 1500m ambulant events which includes; T11-13 Men, T20 Men, T37-38 Men, T45-46 Men, T11-13 Women & T20 Women and who have performed at a National and or International level.
All results and placings will be scored using the universal multiclass scoring system and will be recognised as “official” times around The Tan.
We have also specifically created a Para Athlete sub-category in the Public Fun Run for “Non Para Elites”. This event is Open to any other Para athletes who don’t qualify for the Elite Para Event Category. The Para sub category in the Public Fun Run event will not scored using the multiclass scoring system.
- There will be a cap set on the total number of elite athletes in each gender category for the Main Feature Elite race event and once this cap is reached then no further athletes will be accepted into the elite category, unless expressly agreed by the event organiser.
- Run the TAN reserves the right to review the performance ranking and results of the athletes against the entry criterion to determine the appropriate cut off point against the maximum capped number of athletes in each gender category event.
- Any athletes who do not qualify or make the cut off point for the Main Elite race event will be allocated to run as an Elite athlete in the Preferred Start Wave/s of the Public Race Event. Note: These athletes will not be eligible for the prize money associated with the Main Feature Elite race event.