Overall Prize Money – Total prize pool $33,500*
Elite Men and Women Event:
Awarded to first three finishers regardless of times and nationality.
PLUS Bonus of $2,500 to the race winner if they break the current all-time official record for their gender category. An additional “Super” Bonus of $5,000 is being offered by our major naming rights Sponsor (Liberty) to the race winner if they break the current all-time official record for their gender category. The total potential prize money for winning male and female elite athlete is $10,000 each.
Note: If more than one athlete breaks the current all-time official record time then only the race winner will be eligible for the bonus.
Elite Para Event (Multiclass)
PLUS Bonus of $2,500 to the race winner if they also break the current all-time official universal multiclass score. Total potential prize money for winner is $5,000.
Elite Para placings will be calculated using a universal multiclass scoring / ranking system inclusive of gender to make it fair across all eligible disability classifications. There will not be separate placings or prize money for each gender.
King and Queen of the Hill
$500 each for the fastest male and female up the Anderson Street Hill segment (PILLAR Hill). This prize is open to all participants and all events including the public fun run. You must finish the race within 20 mins to be eligible.
*subject to change
Footnotes to the Prize & Incentive Money
- Currency: All prize and bonus/incentive money amounts are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Tax: All prize money and bonuses may be subject to a deduction of Australian Government withholding tax for those who are not Australian residents.
- Dead heats: In the event that there is a dead heat for any prize money winning place (i.e. a dead heat for first, second or third) in the race event then the relevant prize money shall be combined and then split equally between the competitors.
Sample scenarios (Elite Men and Women Race):
- Should two runners dead heat for 1st they will each be awarded $2,000 (1st and 2nd prize money / 2)
- Should three runners dead heat for 1st they will each be awarded $1,667 (1st, 2nd and 3rd prize money / 3) with no prize for next runner/s
- Should two runners dead heat for 2nd they will each be awarded $1,250 (2nd and 3rd prize money / 2) with $nil prize money for next runner/s
- Should two runners dead heat for 3rd they will each be awarded $500 (3rd place prize money / 2)